Monday, March 28, 2016

Do You Ever Feel Depleted Around Certain People?

                            "People inspire you, or they drain you - Pick them wisely"

Your environment, your associations, your friends, your family, co-workers and even your job has an affect on you.

So do the books you read, the programs you watch on TV, what you read on the Internet and also the conversations you engage in.

Have you ever had a friend that after you have had a conversation with them, you are starting to feel bad and negative?
A lot of times you don´t even notice it. But eventually if you are observant enough you will notice a pattern. It might not be that the person is saying a lot of negative things. It is just that the energy feels negative and after a while and it will leave you feeling depleted.

Some influences are very settled and often hard to detect until the damage is already done.

I have a friend like that.
In the beginning I didn´t notice it or think much of it. It wasn´t that the person was especially negative during our conversations or even that the conversation was that bad either. But a couple of hours after spending time with this particular person I started to feel bad, negative and self doubts was creeping in on me for no reason at all.
After a while I started to notice a pattern.  Every time after I had met or had conversations with this particular person I started to feel bad, negative and I was doubting myself and feeling very depleted.

I have decided to stay away from this particular person as much as possible and we seldom meet in person. I try to restrict our conversations to over the phone as much as possible.

Small tiny negative influences will eventually leave you deflated.
Like a tiny little whole in a tire can go unnoticed for hundred of miles.

Pay attention to what you watch on TV, the people you talk to and your environment

Remember............ everything affects everything.


                                             Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
                                                    www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment