wasted time is worse than wasted money."
Women are masters at misusing their own time.
A lot of times we allow other people's needs and demands to come before our own. We downplay our own needs and we allow others to freely take advantage of our time. Instead of giving only of our overflow, we generously give away our valuable time, while we minimize and neglect our own needs.
We take care of other people's emergencies and urgencies instead of allowing these people to step up and to become responsible for their own lives. For some strange reason we make it our responsibility to constantly take care of others. Women take too much responsibility for others instead of letting others take care of themselves.
Women take responsibility for everyone and everything. Women are helping their children, grandchildren, taking care of the aging parents, full-time job, a partner, friends and a household filled with daily chores.
"I don't have time" is something that we hear women say a lot..... in todays society.
Some women feel deep down inside that they are not good enough and because of that they will easily be affected by others. They get pulled into doing things that they actually don't want to do. But often they feel like they should do it, to make everyone happy. They feel like other people happiness comes before theirs. Women easily get manipulated into doing things for others that they actually need to do for themselves.
So how do we change this?
First we must learn to respect ourselves. Then we must learn to say "NO."
You don't have to prove to anyone that you are good enough by taking cake of everyone and everything. If we lack self-esteem and self-worth, we have a tendency to want to please everyone around us. We want to be kind and to do everything that other people want us to do in order to feel good about ourselves. We want to feel needed.
This will eventually lead to high levels of stress or burnout.
As women we must STOP misusing our time. Learn to say "NO" more often. Allow others to take care of their own problems. Allow others to take responsibility for their lives.
I am sure that they can handle it without your help....if you let them.
- Make sure that you allow more time for sleep. If you are having problems with sleeping it will tear down you body quickly. So make sure that you are getting 7-9 hours of sleep.
- Start a new hobby. Something that you would like to do for yourself.
- Learn to rest, especially learn to rest your mind. Meditation is great way to learn to control your mind.
- Eat right and exercise. You must fuel your body with the right energy. A candy bar, a soft drink or some coffee is always tempting when we feel low on fuel. But it will only give you a quick energy boost and then it will leave you feeling even more depleted than before. Give your body good stuff.
- Make sure you move your body. A brisk 30 minute walk is perfect.
- Get outside and enjoy nature.
- Volunteer, find something meaningful that will stimulate your mind.
- Create some new goals. Maybe start a new business. Something that makes "you feel alive."
Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach