In this book Stephen Covey presents a holistic, integrated, principle-centered approach for solving personal and professional problems.
Covey reveals a step-by-step pathway for living with fairness, integrity, honesty, and human dignity-principles that give us the security to adapt to change, and the wisdom and power to take advantage of the opportunities that change create.
1. Be Proactive. You are the creator. You are in in charge and totally responsible.
2. Begin with the end in mind. All things are created twice; First mentally, then physically.
3. Put first thing first. How to take deliberate action
4. Think win/win. Resources and opportunities are plentiful. There is enough for everyone. It´s not "your way or my way", it´s a better way, a higher way.
5. Seek first to understand. Then to be understood. Communication is the most important skill in life. Listening is a fine art, one that requires energy and effort.
6. Synergize. Concentrating the ambition and talents of many people produces a sum that is greater than its parts.
7. Sharpen the saw. A healthy individual must make time for renewal. Advance is an upwards spiral from inside out.
Life is a marathon not a sprint. Completing the course successfully requires deliberate focus and persistent, routine action.
We are what we repeatedly do.
Successful people make a habit of doing things that failures don´t like to do. Effective people are opportunity minded, not problem minded.
Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach