Monday, April 22, 2019

Without A Vision For Your Future You Will Return To Your Past

                                                 "The only thing worse than being blind
                                                         is having sight but no vision."
                                                                   - Helen Keller





If you don't know anything about Helen Keller, allow me to fill you in a few facts of her.
She was an American author, activist and lecturer. She lost both her hearing and her vison at the age of 19 months of age due to illness.

I love this quoted because it is so true for most of us. We don't have a vison for our own lives.
Yes, we want to be happy, marry the love of our lives, make a lot of money, travel the world, be healthy and have a lot of energy. I think most of us want this.

But have you ever sat down and really figured out how you were going to create this? Or did you give up and just allowed life to serve up whatever it wanted to serve you?

I know I did for a very long time. I just went with the flow. Or in other words, I went along with what most of the people around me wanted me to do, be and have.
Finally at 48 years of age. Yes, you read it....I was 48 before I figured out what I wanted to do with my life. And it took a total breakdown of my life for me to finally get started in the right direction.
It was no pretty sight.

And to get out of this big fat mess that I had created for my myself, I created a vison for what I wanted the rest of my life to look like. What I wanted to do ,be and have.

Yes, .....you have to create a vison for your life.

I was in bad shape back in 2010 when the life that I had been living up until then was rapidly falling apart. So fast that it make my head spin until one day in 2012 when I sat all by myself in small apartment in Sweden, with my 2 dogs by my side, very little money and no job. Starting over in a country where I had not lived in for 25 years. This was not a pretty sight and it took a lot of soul searching to finally start digging myself out of this hole that I was sitting in at the time.

You can read about my story of what happened in 2012 in my first book.....Bounce Don't Break - how to successfully get back on track when life knocks you down.
Here is the link to order it.....
https://www.amazon.com/s?k=karin+glannstam&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

I say it again....what got me out of this huge mess and being able to move on with my life was to create a Gigantic Vision for myself and the way I wanted my own life to look like, from now on.


                                             "Sometimes life is about risking
                                                everything for a dream no one
                                                           can see but you."


Again, it all starts with a vision. A clear specific vison of where you want to go, do, have and become.

The vision has to be crystal clear, because how can you hit a target that you cannot see???

Setting a vison and some goals is no easy task and the reason why is, that most of us have never done it and no one ever taught us either. They don't teach this in school, and if they did, I must have missed that class. So you have to actually learn something new. Learn how to set goals and a vision for your life.
I can't tell you enough how important it is to create a vision for what you want. If you don't you will end up like I did for a very long time, you will be living the life that someone else planned for you, and guess what they have planned for you.....
Not Much!!!

When people ask me what I do, I answer....."I work with blind people."
They look at me a little surprised and sometimes even curious.
Then I say, "These people that I work with have perfect eye-sight, but no vision for their lives."


Don't allow yourself to become a blind person.
A person that is totally capable of seeing, but with no vision for your own life.

                                                               www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment