Sunday, June 3, 2018

Yes You Can!

                                                      Turn your "I can't" into a 
                                                           "HELL, Yes I can".



Have you ever told yourself that you can't do something? Or that you can't stop doing something that you know that you shouldn't keep on doing?




I just can't stop eating fast food, even though I know it makes me gain more weight. I just can't stop eating these hamburgers.

I can't stop having a drink or two after coming home from work. It makes me feel relaxed after a stressful day at work. I just cannot stop drinking...... then how am I going to relax?

I just can't stop shopping online. I know I am in debt and I should really try to start a saving account instead of spending my money. But shopping makes me happy and it energizes me. I just can't seem to stop shopping.

I really need to start going to the gym but I don't have enough time in the day to do everything and there is simply no time left over for exercising.

I should get off the phone and the internet in the evenings and spend more time with my spouse and my kids, but I need to catch up with my friends online too.

I should come home a littler earlier and have dinner with my family instead of always working late. But for some reason there is always more work to do at the office.

I can't survive without my morning coffee and a doughnut.

I can't wait until the afternoon to check my emails.

I can't go to be earlier than 11pm.

I can't stop eating sweets.

I can't get out of bed before 7am.

I can't start my own business. I'm not smart enough.

I can't follow my dreams.

I can't.....I can't.....I can't......I can't!!!!

Does this sound familiar to anyone? Have you been telling yourself that you just can't do something?

It might not even be your fault that you have been saying these lies, because a lot of times other people like parents, siblings, teachers or friends might have initiated the lie by telling you that you are not good at something, and then you believed it and have been reinforcing it for years and maybe even decades.
Stop  believing these lies.

The biggest lie that we tell ourselves is "I can't".

Maybe it's time for you to stop thinking this way and to stop lying to yourself and decide that you can either stop doing certain things that you need to stop doing or start doing things that are important and that you know that you should be doing.

You can change your life by start telling yourself the truth.

Stop accepting your own lies. Go from telling yourself that you can't do something, which is a lie to telling yourself......YES I can do it and I will do it, which is the truth.

The truth is that all of us can stop doing certain things or start doing things.
We can stop eating unhealthy foods, we can stop drinking, we can stop spending money, we can start exercising, we can stop surfing the internet for hours every evening, we can get to bed before 11pm and we can get going before 7am.

Then what is going on here? Why are we continuing to tell ourselves these lies?
Because it's easier for us to say that we can't and to use that as an excuse rather than to venture out of our comfort zone and test ourselves.

The worst thing is if we continue to say "I can't" eventually we won't even try.

It's better to try something and quit after a while or try something else, but saying "I can't" without even trying....that is really bad. How do you know you can't? You don't..... because you didn't even try one time.

We lie to protect ourselves. It saves us from feeling discomfort and from pain, in the short term. But in the long term it makes us feel confined, powerless and almost feeling like a caged bird. Stuck in a cage for all our lives and not ever trying to tap into our potential.

I can't really means.....I won't.

I will not take a chance. I will protect myself and live a small and secure life.

But is true that you really can't?

Next time you are tempted to say....."I can't"......Try "instead.....I can and I will".



                                                           www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment