Monday, June 18, 2018

Eat To Fuel Your Body - Not To Feed Your Emotions

                                                         It's not a short term diet.
                                                   It's a long term lifestyle change.



Most people take better care of their cars than they do their own bodies.

We must all realize the consequences of our mistakes and understand the benefits of the right decisions when it comes to eating right. It's time to stop cheating and be serious about changing our eating patters to improve our health and our entire lives.

A lot of people are wandering through life just eating whatever is tasting the best. Not paying much attention to how is affecting their body and their energy, long term. Short term pleasure and energy but often long term pain later in life.

Surveys show that almost 70% of American adults are now overweight and obese. We are eating high calorie nutrient deficient food and we mix it with a sedentary lifestyle. Not a good combination for health and vitality.

Today people are eating a lot of processed foods and meats, lots of refined grains and a lot of added fat and sugar.

My Story!
Talking about sugar.....I have to come clean here and admit that I love sugar. 
Yes.....I love sugar way too much. More that I should. Sugar is my best friend. It's there when I feel sad. Sugar is there when I am happy. Sugar is helping when I feel worried and sugar is there when I need a energy boost. How can you not love sugar? I don't think that I know anybody that doesn't like sugar.
But I have come to realize that sugar and I cannot be best friends anymore. Because my best friend sugar is not good for me. The friendship was ruining my health and my energy. So I decided that I have to let go of this best friend because my best friend was toxic.
Nowadays I have some new friends. Their names are apples, melons, pears, tangerines and carrots just to name a few.
Many years ago I was also totally hooked on drinking Diet Coke. It helped me with my boredom at work. Looking back on it now I realized that I should have changed profession a little earlier instead of depending on diet soda to give me an energy boost. 
Today I don't touch soda. Diet or not, it doesn't matter, because it's really bad for you and it has absolutely no nutritional value.

By the way.....if you love to drink wine or alcohol …..you are probably deep down addicted to sugar. There is a lot of sugar in these drinks.





                                         A healthy lifestyle not only changes your body,
                                    it changes your mind, your attitude and your mood.


So what are we suppose to do to be able to live healthier?

Change Our Eating Pattern

Eat Food
Eat the right amount (not too much)
Mostly plants

This sounds very simple and it's actually a very simple solution.
It's simple.....but not so easy to do.

Today we are not eating whole food. We are eating things that look like food.
Twinkies, launchables, spray on cheese and margarine, cereals loaded with sugar, low-fat or no fat brownies, half the calories potato chips, just to name a few.
Does anyone know what is in a chicken nugget? I don't think I want to know.

Don't eat too much food. I don't think I need to talk about this one. People are just eating way too much food. Look at the size of our plates....they have gotten bigger so that we won't realize how much we are eating.
A good rule is.....never go back for a second serving. Resist the temptation.

A lot of people are eating even when they are not hungry. They are eating as a way of dealing with their emotions.
Why are you eating when you are not hungry? What are you trying to avoid by numbing your feeling(s) with food or sugar?
Trying to fill the empty whole inside will never work. The more you fill the hole the bigger it gets.

Make a new habit of eating mostly plants. There is now evidence that more meat in your diet, the greater the risk of heart disease and cancer.
Decide to add more vegetables to your diet.....and I am not talking about broccoli that is getting topped off with cheese sauce.


Adopting and maintaining a healthy diet is the first and the most important step on the path to wellness and vitality.
Food is medicine and the best medicine is preventative. Food will help protect us against heart disease, stroke, some cancer, high blood pressure, depression, mental decline associated with aging, diabetes and other weight related illnesses.

Feeding our bodies better fuel will allow us to live a life of higher quality.

Take good care of you body because it's the only place that you got to live.



                                                        www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment