Monday, July 10, 2017

Stand Up For Yourself, Your Dream and Your Life

                                                    "How am I going to live today
                                                    in order to create the tomorrow
                                                                I'm committed to?"
                                                                - Tony Robbins


I don't know what your dream is.

I don't know what you are trying to accomplish in your life right now.

But one thing I do know is this....
If you are going to make it happen for you and your dream..... you sometimes have to say NO to doing things and to do what other people want you to do, and say YES to yourself and to your dream.

No.....I can't go out tonight. I have to be at a workshop at eight in the morning.
No.....No I am not spending money on entertainment this month because I must buy some new
          books.
No.....I can't work overtime this month. I have to work on my dream.
No.....I am going to read a book instead of surfing social media.
No.....I don't want to listen to your complaining and gossiping anymore.
No.....You have to learn to take care of yourself. It is not my job to save you.
No.....I can't work this weekend. I am attending a seminar in another city.
No.....I am going to the gym in the evenings instead of watching TV.
No.....I don't want to listen to your sad story over and over again. Nothing has changed since
          the last time you told me about it.
No.....I am going to save my money instead of wasting it on impulsive purchases.

You must learn to say no to other people's agendas, urgencies and drama in order for you to have some time to work on yourself, increase your knowledge and your skills so that you will be able to live your dream.


Other people can't see your dream nor do they care about your dream. Everyone has their own agenda and most people want to make it easy as possible for themselves. And if you are continuing to say yes to certain people you will eventually wake up one day realizing that you are behind on your dream. You have constantly put other people and their demands of your time, before you and your dream.

It takes a lot of courage to go against other people.
It takes courage to walk your own path and to say no.
A lot of people will constantly keep you busy with every day demands of your time, pointless drama in their own lives, complaining, gossiping and tremendous negativity. And if you allow their urgencies to become your emergency, you will lose valuable time that you must invest in yourself and your dream.

Your time is valuable. Don' let anyone waste it. Once it is gone or lost you can never get it back.
You can get you money back if you lose it. You can get you car or your house back if you lost it.
If you lose a friend you can make some new friendships.
But it's different with your time. It the most valuable thing that you have got. Learn to say no to other people's demands on your time.
Besides that ....it is not your job to save everybody.

Great Tip!

Before you commit to something or somebody ask yourself..........
Do I really want to do this?
How much time is this going to take?
Do I have this time to give away?
Always sleep on a decision because it looks very different in the morning than it did the night before.


I was talking to a good friend the other day about this exact topic and I said to her....."Do you realize that every time I say .....Yes to certain people, giving them my time.....I am saying..... No to myself and my dream?"
I am the only one that has to live with the consequences of saying yes to others and no to myself. Other people don't care. They just want you to do what they want you to do.

To go against the dominant thinking of your family, friends, co-workers and people that you associate with on a daily base is no easy task.
It is probably the most courageous act you can perform.

When you have your own dream for your life, you will have your own agenda. You will have something that you are doing on a daily base. And if other people can put you on a guilt trip, they will. They will use you and abuse you over and over again and you must learn to draw the line.

You are very powerful and you have to use that power to put your foot down and to change things.

When you are committed to dance to the beat of a different drummer you must learn to except that most people won't understand you.
Don't expect your dream to make sense to anybody but yourself.
You are doing if for you..... and it doesn't matter if others won't understand or support you.
You have a calling on your life and you are doing it for you.

You have made a different kind of commitment for your life and this is something that you have to do. You have to go and to do what you were put on this earth to do.
Being committed means taking a stand for you.

Stand up for yourself, your dream and your life.


Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
                                                            www.karinglannstam.com



No comments:

Post a Comment