Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Why You Should Wake Up Early

                 "Early to bed and early to rise makes a man healthy, wealthy and wise."
                                                       - Benjamin Franklin


I am sure you have heard....."Early bird catches the worm" or "Get up early and seize the day"


Are you an early riser? Or would you like to become one?




I often read and hear about studies that has been done about early risers
.
They say that they are happier, healthier and more productive. They stay in better shape and make more money. There seems to be great benefits to being an early riser.


I have been an early riser for many years. I like it best when I get up around 5 in the morning. I sit quietly in a chair, sipping on my hot tea and with my candle lit on the table in front of me. This is my meditation/quiet time.
I have to tell you.....I get the best ideas that early in the morning. I also get answers to questions and incidents that happened the day before. It is also a great time for me to reflect on everything in my life that I am grateful for.
By 6.30- 7, I am ready to start the day by taking my two dogs out for their morning walk/run.  I feel that there is something magical about watching the sun rise and I just have to have this quiet time to myself every day or most days.


A few tips if you want to become and early riser!




You have to go to bed early too!
Don't eat at least three hours before you go to bed. Sleep in a cold and dark room. Shut down all electronics (cell-phone, Internet & TV) at least one hour before bedtime. And if you can't go to sleep try melatonin supplement instead of a sleeping pill.


                                            Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
                                                        www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment