Monday, April 6, 2015

It is Never too Late to Change Your Life

Transitions are inevitable - Life is full of them.

Whether or not you embrace transitions has a lot to do with the level of joy you are experiencing.

When you view your transitions as opportunities to grow you have found one of the special secrets to claiming joy in your life.

We are created to grow and expand in life but sometimes that isn't always the easiest and most exciting thing.
Especially when we are facing hardships, disappointments and loss.

Sometimes we are being forced to let go and at the same time we are getting pushed into our purpose.




This is exactly what happened to me in 2012. I was in a terrible dysfunctional and abusive relationship. I had stayed way to long and put up with way too much abuse from my partner, but as for most of us change is very scary.
Change for my included leaving the US, where I had lived for the past 25 years, and go back to Sweden with my 2 dogs and 2 suitcases. Change felt almost impossible for me. But I also couldn't stay because the abuse had reached dangerous levels.

So when staying gets to be scarier than the change.....we either do something voluntarily or we will get pushed or pulled out of there.

I felt like I finally got forced out of the situation because I didn't want to make a decision on my own.
I wasn't growing or expanding where I was. In other words I felt stuck and I felt I had no way out.



Are you facing a dead end job right now? or maybe a relationship/ marriage that has been dead for years? Maybe you have outgrown your closest friend or family-members or maybe it is time to move to a new city?

Whatever it is for you......Are you ready to make a change so that you can fulfill your purpose in life?
Or are you going to settle for no more growth and expansion and not fulfilling your heart's desire and your purpose?

You are where you are right now....but you can change!


Remember this is not a dress rehearsal this is it!!!! We don't get a second chance to live our lives.

For me leaving in 2012 worked out very well. I have now become a certified Life Coach and I have my own on-line coaching business. In these past 3 years since I left my abusive relationship I have learned so much and I have created a whole new life for myself.




If I would have settled for where I was 3 years ago....my life would have been terrible. And I know if I would have stayed I would not have become a Life Coach and created my own on-line business.

I know change and growth is scary.....But what is even scarier is remaining the same for the rest of our lives.

Don't settle ...... and don't die with the music still in you!!!!!


 
Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach



No comments:

Post a Comment