Monday, June 22, 2015

You Are Beautiful and Perfect in Your Imperfection

                                   "The thing that is really hard, and really amazing,
                                              is giving up on being perfect
                                and beginning the work of becoming yourself."
                                                                - Anna Quindlen


                                   "Being happy doesn't mean that everything is perfect.
                           It means that you've decided to look beyond the imperfections."



While having my morning tea today I noticed that my favorite cup was chipped. And I wanted to throw it away.

It's not that is was such a big chip - not really. It's more like a small, tea-stained, crescent-shaped crack, just inside the lip of the cup.

In fact, you can't even see it from the outside.

But the chip still bothers me. I Don't like things that are damaged and flawed - I want them perfect.

The cup is like me - Chipped, cracked, stained and imperfect.
And I want to throw ME away.

My imperfections seem glaring (even if others don't see them). I try hard to be kind and generous, patient and thoughtful, compassionate and caring.

But every day - every hour - I fall short.

I want so much to be perfect - and I am not. Tears of disappointment well up. I take my sadness to meditation.

And in my quiet time the wise words of a good friend come to me:
"God doesn't make junk."

I open my eyes and see the trees.....with their crooked branches, rough bark, and lack of proper pruning. They are perfect in their imperfection.

I look around at the plants and flowers.... with their uneven growth, lopsided blossoms, and bugs on their leaves. They too, are perfect in their imperfection.

I look at the clouds, the mountains, the shoreline, and the skyline. I see that they are all perfectly imperfect.

Then I pick up my teacup - cracked, chipped, and stained - and now I see that is perfectly imperfect, too.
So I think I'll keep it.

                                                                           The Chipped Cup by BJ Gallagher

Isn't is about time that we stop dislike and  hate what we are not...... and start liking ourselves for who we are.

You don't have to be perfect.

You are Enough.

Remember you are beautiful and perfect in your imperfection.




               "I feel when we really love and accept and approve of ourselves exactly as we are,
                                                then everything in life works."
                                                        - Louise Hay


                                              Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
                                                        www.karinglannstam.com


No comments:

Post a Comment