Wednesday, March 13, 2019

You Know What To Do..... But Why Are You Not Doing What You Know?

                                             "The secret of your future is hidden
                                                         in your daily routine."
                                                             - Mike Murdock




Most of us know how to loose weight, get in shape, save money, have better relationships, improve our lives, set goals or be happier.

It doesn't take hours at the gym, every day to get in shape. Just a brisk walk for 30-60 minutes per day, 5-6 days per week, will work.
It doesn't take a certain diet, where you can't eat any carbs, no fat, no sugar, no fruit or only fruit or whatever the latest "New" diet is. A well balance diet will work  Remember, everything in moderation is OK.
Most people know how to save money, yet there out there spending every last dime of their pay check and then some more.
We know that we must take time in our busy schedules to work on our relationships, if they are going to improve, grow and remain healthy and fulfilling.

In other words we know what we must do on a daily base to live better lives, then WHY doesn't most people do what they know, they must do?

There are a few traps that might get you off track. Check out my BLOGS from last week....

Invisible Results
http://karinglannstam.blogspot.com/2019/03/the-invisible-results.html

Instant Gratification
http://karinglannstam.blogspot.com/2019/03/what-you-dont-want-to-do-is-probably.html

It seems like people that are unsuccessful at doing something or reaching a goal, for some strange reason believe that successful people simply love to do the things that makes them successful.
Successful people simply do what needs to be done, in order to get to where they want to go. They don't always love doing it, but they know that in order to get to where they want to go, not all tasks and activities are going to be fun. But they must do these activities…..rain or shine.


I will use myself as an example.

I get up almost every morning at 5 am. Do you think I love doing this?
No, I don't. Especially not in the winter time when it's dark and cold. 

Do you think I like to walk every day with my dogs for about 60 minutes? No I don't. Especially not when it's raining, cold and even snowing, like it does when I live in Sweden. 

Do you think I like to eat veggies, salads and fruit all the time, instead of enjoying fast food and chocolate cake? No, I don't.

Do you think that I always love to write my weekly Blogs and Newsletter? No, I don't. Sometimes I don't know what to write about and some days my head feels so cloudy.

Do you think I enjoy sitting down for weeks, almost every day to start and to finish a book. No, I don't.

Do you think I enjoy saying no to most functions in the evenings and getting together with friends, because I have to get up at 5 am, the morning?
No, I don't.

Do you think, saying no to watching TV is always easy to do? No, but I rather work on my own dream than watching other people live out theirs.

Do you think it's easy to read a personal development book per week, instead of watching funny a cute videos on YouTube, or surf the Internet? No, it's not.

Do you think it's easy to stay away from constantly checking email, social media and text messages, and instead work on my own business?
No, it's not. 


So you see, successful people don't like to do a lot of daily habits and tasks. The tasks are often boring, loborius, frustrating, uninspiring, mundane and defeating. But what separates successful people from unsuccessful people is that they perform those tasks anyway.

I often hear people tell me that when they get the right information, they will start. But until then they won't take any action. They continue to read a lot of books and articles. They continue to attend seminar after seminar, but unfortunately they never take action on what they have already learned. They are always chasing the "NEW" thing, before they can start. And as we know there is plenty of information out there to look for, so these people will never get going.
They will search for the perfect thing, to take action on, for the rest of their lives.


What are your daily routines?

                                                            www.karinglannstam.com


No comments:

Post a Comment