Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Every Act Counts No Matter How Small

                                                "There is no giant step that does it.
                                                        It's a lot of little steps."
                                                             - Peter A Cohen


                                                   "Great things are done by a
                                           series of small things brought together."
                                                         - Vincent Van Gogh



As I look as those quotes I reflect back on my own life and especially my own coaching business that I started back in 2012.

These quotes make a lot of sense to me..... and now I will tell you why

Today I am writing blog number 500. Wow....pretty amazing!!!




If you would have told me back in 2014 that I would write blogs for my business and 500 during the next four years....I would have told you that you were insane and that it was no way that I could do that. 
At that time I had only written some short post on FB and a few newsletters…..
what would I write about?

Come to find out.....  I really enjoy writing, and I have a lot of things to write about and share with others.

And not only have I written all these blogs I have now also written three books. Two are already published and the third will be published this month.

No giant step will ever do it, but a lot of small steps will.

Nothing worthwhile is happening overnight. There is no overnight success. No quick fixes will ever accomplish something important in our life.
It takes a lot of work on a daily base if we want to accomplish our goals.

I talk to a lot of people that would like to write a book but they feel overwhelmed by the whole idea, because they don't know where to start. They feel overwhelmed by having to write a lot.

I always suggest to them to start small.
Write a few things on FB or other social media. Then start a blog. Once you have written for a while it will be a lot easier to tackle a larger goal, like writing a book.

A little bit of writing will eventually lead to bigger writing. Nothing happens overnight. You must practice and practice and practice.

Most people want the end result but they seldom want to prepare for it.
Or they feel so overwhelmed by the enormity of the project that they don't even take the first step.

Every journey starts with one single step.

You must start or nothing will happen.

Then you must practice.....practice.....practice.

Eventually you will get to where you want to go and when you do..... you must celebrate your accomplishment.

So today I pat myself on the back and say......Well Done, Karin!!!




                                                       www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment