Monday, March 19, 2018

You Have To Participate In Your Own Rescue

                                               "The game of life has two participants,
                                                     spectators and players. Pick one."
                                                                    - Unknown


You are responsible for your own life. You are responsible for YOU.

Stop sitting around waiting on someone to come and rescue you.

Don't waste your time waiting on someone to fix you or to even help you.

You are the only one that have the power to take responsibility and to move your life forward.

You know..... life happens to all of us.
It rains on the poor and it rains on the rich.
The only question is.....what are you going to do about your life when difficult things happen?
When life didn't go as you planned?
When you lost a loved one or your business failed? Or your best friend betrayed you or your spouse divorced you? When you got struck by an illness or had to give up on the life that you had created?
Are you just going to sit around and feeling sorry for yourself? Or are you going to stand back up, brush yourself off and keep on walking?

You know.....what you decide to do is entirely up to you.



Unfortunately many people will allow a setback, loss or difficulties to cripple them and keep them stuck, causing them to miss out on the next chapter in their life.

I think that a lot of us know that change is necessary in order for us to grow and to move to the next level of our lives. Yet, we sometimes simply refuse to address it.
We postpone making decisions to another day.  

Stop looking at the closed door. Turn around and face the open door.
Have faith that what lies in front of you is bigger than what you left behind.
Start focusing on the wonderful possibilities that lie ahead.


Create a plan.
You must take charge of your own life and quickly get back on track. You might not have the perfect plan but you can figure out the next step, even if it's not perfect.
The longer you stay stuck, the harder it will be to get going again.

Study, learn, reflect as much as you can.
It will help you move along and it will help you understand what is going on.
There isn't anything that you can't find out. If you don't know...... google it.
Read books and articles. Listen to seminars and podcasts. Join a support group where you live or you can also find them online.
Get a mentor, hire a coach or a therapist.
Learn and then apply the new knowledge and your new understanding. Become a student of your own life. Sort through everything and keep the necessary knowledge.
You must learn a new way to think before you can master a new way to be.
Pay attention.

Action is key.
Not much will happen if you don't apply what you learn.
Sitting on the coach or staying in bed,  is not going to get you where you want to go.
Do the inner work and put yourself back together..... piece by piece.
Design and build your life. Commit to staying on your new path.
There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.


When my own life imploded back in 2012 this is exactly what I was doing. I knew that I had to care enough about myself to get back up and create a new life for myself.  Everything changed within 4 months and there was very little left of my old life.
I knew that no one was going to create a new life for me and no one was going to do the work for me. Only I could do it. I was responsible for rescuing myself from the situation that I was now sitting in.
This is how I started my own coaching business.

I have written a book about my experience back in 2012.
If you haven't read my book..... Bounce Don't Break..... I recommend it.It tells you how to quickly get back on track after life knocks you down.
You can order it at Amazon in The US and in a lot of countries in Europe.


So stop sitting on the sidelines of your life.
Get in the game and start playing again.
In the end.....you will be glad that you did.



                                                          www.karinglannstam.com


No comments:

Post a Comment