Friday, November 4, 2016

The Willingness To Start Over Again

                                                 "Starting all over again is not bad....
                                                      because when you restart,
                                      you get another chance to make things right."
                                                                - Unknown

                                                   "No matter how hard the past,
                                                    you can always begin again."
                                                                   - Buddha


Difficult times happens to everyone. It doesn´t matter if you are rich or poor, young or old, man or woman......... Things do happen in our lives.
Things you didn´t expect to happen.

We can not avoid or control these storms or setbacks in our lives.
But what we can control is how we respond to them.

Are you going to allow yourself to stay in bed for several months after a setback?
Are you going to blame someone else for your situation?
Are going to continue to focus on what used to be?

Or are you going to pull yourself together and start again?
One small action at a time?


One great key to quickly recover from a setback is to have something to go for right a way.
Don´t let if affect you for a year or longer. Put something together right away. It might not be the total answer, but you must start walking.
Life doesn´t give us what we need, it gives us what we deserve.

Have something new to focus on.
You can continue to focus on what isn´t working and what you have lost.
If you continue to do this you will eventually feel stuck in a negative pattern.

Or you can shift your focus onto what is possible for you.


Start by asking a few empowering questions.

What do I need to learn from this setback?
What is it here to tell me?
How can I avoid this in the future?
What small action step can I take...starting today that will change my situation?

Learn from the lesson but make sure that you start taking some steps forward as quickly as possible.


Start walking from your desperate situation into a more empowering mode.
Start changing your philosophy and start to focus on what else you can do to make the situation change.

Start where you are.
Learn as you go.
Continue to take action.


This is how my own life coaching business got started.
I suffered a huge setbacks in 2012.
Within 3 months my mother passed away. I walked away from a toxic and abusive relationship and I also move to another country.
It would have been easy for me to continue to focus on my losses.
Honestly I did for a few months but then I started to figure out what I was going to do with the rest of my life.......... and that is how my coaching business was born.

Was it easy...of course not.
I kept on thinking about all I had lost, but after a couple of months I decided to shift my focus onto what was possible for me.
Now it required a lot of discipline. It required me to change my old ways of thinking and doing things.
I didn´t have a lot of information on how to do it.....but the important thing was that I took action and I started.
I was willing to start where I was. I didn´t know exactly how I was going to do it, but I took small action steps almost every day.
And as I did I got stronger, wiser and better.
I got the answers as I was continuing on my path.

Unfortunately a lot of people won´t start something because they don´t know how it is going to work out. They don´t have all the answers.
Of course you won´t have all the answers right away. You can learn as you go.
Just make sure that you start.


Tip!

Be willing to learn new strategies.
Be willing to make a new start.
Be willing to go again.

 
Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment