Monday, October 26, 2015

It is Time to Uncover Your Dreams

Today I woke up to only 34 degrees outside, here in Alvesta, Sweden.....Brrrrrr..... It is getting cold for a girl like me that has spent half her life in hot and steamy Houston and Austin, TX.

I absolutely love this time of the year. Since I have lived in Texas, October has always been my favorite month. I just love all the fall colors, the pumpkins and I also enjoy the more relaxed energy of the fall months. During the spring months we are always so busy getting ready for summer. Planting the seeds, getting our yards ready for a long hot summer and also planning our vacations. I remember the first couple of years in Houston, I was just trying to survive the summer with all the heat and humidity!!!!!

Coming into October it becomes more relaxed, if you are following the rhythm of nature. Also when you live in a hot climate like we have in Houston, it is such a relief when the first cool fronts start to arrive and when we are finally getting some cool winds blowing again after several months of 95-100 degrees temperatures.



Another reason why I love fall is Halloween....I absolutely love it. I always say...."Halloween is a time when adults can act like kids again and get away with it." No one will judge you in your crazy outfit with an even more crazy wig on.

I was born and raised in Sweden and when I was young we never celebrated Halloween so the first time I got to experience Halloween was in 1987. I had just arrived from Sweden to Atlanta, GA, two months earlier and I had no idea what Halloween was about. Well.... did I ever found out. I went "trick or treating" for the first time in my life. I saw all these kids in crazy outfits running around so excited, adults also dressed up in outfits and I was amazed at all the ways people had decorated their houses with pumpkins, ghosts, spiders and all the rest of the things that will make your house look like a "haunted house". It simply blew me away. I had never seen anything like it. It seemed like everyone had such a great time and I absolutely loved it. I can still remember that evening and it always brings me lot of joy just thinking about it. I thought that the adults did such a fantastic job in decorating their houses and dressing up and acting like kids. I was totally amazed. Of course it probably didn't take much to impress a young girl like me that had just arrived from Sweden two months earlier.



I am sure that you are all wondering by now where I am going with this blog.....
My point is......often we forget how it is to have fun, laugh and act like a kid again. Do something silly and laugh at ourselves without feeling embarrassed or stupid.

Do you remember when you were a kid and you had big dreams? Things that you were going to do in your life? What happened to those dreams? Did you forget about them? Do you think that they sound silly and stupid since you have gotten older?
Did you allow other people to talk you out of pursuing your dream? Did you allow other people´s agenda and dreams to become more important than yours? Do you feel fear and doubt just thinking about getting our of your comfort zone and trying something new?

A lot of times we stop dreaming and we bury those dreams so deep down that only a backhoe will be able to dig them up!!! But your dreams are not dead, you just need to get them off "life support"... get that backhoe and dig them up. Start writing that book or that music that has been on your mind for years, start that business that you have been thinking about since you were in your twenties, Go out there and start dating again. Whatever it is for you.......Don´t wait any longer.

It is time to uncover those dreams. They have been "On Hold" long enough. Be like a child again...I know you can still act like one!!!!.... And start dreaming again. Dream big.....Get the excitement back in your life....Create a vision and then be courageous and act on it. Whatever you do.....Don´t let those dreams die within you!

I believe Jim Rohn said it best....."Discipline weighs ounces.....Regrets weigh tons"

Don´t die with regrets...wishing you would have been more brave......it is never too late to pursue your dream!

People in this world are looking for you......they want your knowledge. They need your experience and expertise. They need and want what you have...... and only you have it!!!
Remember you are unique......there is no one in this world like you. You were created an original.
So what am I trying to say here.....We can go back to be like kids again...we can act like it is Halloween all year around (but you might want to loose the wig and the outfit!!!!)

It is time to Uncover those dreams and to .......Dream Big!

I have to warn you though.....start acting like a kid, being able to laugh at yourself and start pursuing your dream again might have some side effects......
You might feel happier on a daily base, more confident and people around you will start to notice and they will act differently towards you when you are happier and more excited about your life.


Have a Safe and Happy Halloween Every One!

 
                                           Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
                                                       www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment