"Setting goals is the first step in turning the
invisible into the visible."
- Tony Robbins
Dreams and goals can become like magnets. The stronger the goal, the higher the purpose, the stronger this magnet is, that pulls you forward. In other words, it pulls you in the right direction, which is forward.
Goals can pull you through all kinds of days. They pull you through a difficult time. It will pull you through some winters of your life. Some people will get lost in the confusion of the day simply because their goals are not bright and strong enough to pull them through. One way to feel good about the future is to have it well planned and well designed. Have your dreams and goals well set.
People usually give up on their goals because, the goal wasn't a great one and most people give up too soon before reaping the reward of their efforts. The number one reason people give up so fast is because they tend to look at how far they still have to go, instead of how far they have come.
A goal is something that is very clear. You have a blueprint. You design it, and then you take action.
Here are 7 steps to successful goal setting.
1. Decide exactly what you want. Be very specific. Think of every detail.
2. Write it down on a piece of paper. Get the dream out of your head and onto a piece of paper.
3. Set a deadline. Set a date when you want to achieve your goal. When you have a deadline it activated your subconscious mind to help you look for ways to help you achieve your goal, on your deadline.
4. Make a list of everything that you can do to achieve your goal. Write it down on a piece of paper.
5. Organize your list. What should you do first? What should you do second? What is more important and what is less important? Make out your plan. Now you have a GOAL + PLAN.
6. Take action. Nothing happens until you move. What do you do after your plan is ready? You take action. It doesn't matter what you do, but make sure that you do something. Do something that will move you ahead and towards your goal.
7. Do something every day, to achieve your goals.
Remember, a goal without a plan, is just a wish.