Monday, October 16, 2017

The Perfect Storm

                                          "Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass.
                                                It's about learning to dance in the rain.
                                                             - Vivian Green





There have been a lot of storms in the world lately.
Hurricanes, wildfires and earthquakes just to name a few.
These are all natural storms or disasters.

But there are also other kinds of storms happening in our lives that we have to deal with.
A death of a loved one, divorce, financial loss, job loss, a business failing, moving to another city or country, forced to leave a country because of war, loss of health due to cancer or other illnesses or a loss of a life that we had planned.

These are also storms, setbacks and crisis in our lives. Things we didn't exactly plan for but they happened anyway.

A big problem with people is that we think we shouldn't have problems and crisis in our lives.
For some reason if we work hard and do everything that we are suppose to do we should be exempt from dealing with any kind of crisis and problems.

But this is not the way it works. We all have to deal with storms. It doesn't matter if you are rich or poor. Young or old. Man or a woman. American or European. We will all get our fare share of difficulties, setbacks and obstacles in life.

Problems are like the waves of the ocean.
Some are smaller and some are bigger and sometimes it might feel like a storm is the size of a tsunami.
Often a storm might come along and then it might be a couple of years before you will have to deal with another one. At other times they might hit one after another and you might feel like you can't even catch your breath.

There are two ways of looking at a problem or a crisis.
Something to overcome and get through or.....
A possibility of learning. A message from your true self.

Don't wish for no or less problems.
Instead wish for more knowledge and experience to solve the problems when they occur.

Storms don't happen in our lives to break us. They are often here to help us and make us stronger internally. To guide us.
Sometimes we might be on the wrong path here in life. We might have taken a detour.
Maybe it is a path that isn't truly our own. Then the storm might be here to stop us from keep on going in the wrong direction. It might be a wakeup call for us to stop for a while and examine ourselves and the life we are living.

This is exactly what happened to me back in 2012, when I lost almost everything. I felt like I got hit by a tsunami. Actually I was hit by three storms within a three month period.
It completely knocked me down.

Looking back on it now.....over five years later......I am very grateful that it happened.
I was on the wrong path in life. I was not living the life that I was suppose to live. I had lost myself and I was lost in life.

It took a huge storm to wake me up.
In 2012 I started a journey inward to find out who I was and what I was to do on this little short time that I actually have here on earth.
Has this journey been easy? Absolutely not.
It has been a lot of hard work....almost very day. But I have learned a lot about myself, others and about life.....and that makes me very excited.

A lot of people will wake up a little and for a short period of time but the they unfortunately they go back to sleep again.

But I know that I could never go back to the life I had before 2012.

If it hadn't been for my own storm I would not have become a life coach and started my own coaching business helping people with their lives. I know that because of my experiences in my own life I am now better equipped to help other people.

I wouldn't have started writing newsletters, blogs, postings on social media and YouTube.
And I would not have written my first book "Bounce Don't Break" last year.

Stop wishing for less problems and storms and instead learn how to dance in the rain.

What happened to me back in 2012 was..... The Perfect Storm
and believe that my dance moves are getting better and better!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment