Monday, September 4, 2017

Storms Don't Last Forever

                                  Life's roughest storms prove the strength of our anchor


Happy Labor Day to everyone in The US!

A big shout out to all my fellow Texans!!!
As they say in Texas....."Everything is bigger in Texas." Even the storms are bigger in Texas!!!
Harvey was a big one..... that we won't forget for a very long time.
My thoughts and prayers goes out to all my fellow Texans and everyone affected by this devastating storm.

As many of you know I wasn't born in Texas.....but I got there as fast as I could (only people in Texas will get that one). I have lived in Texas for 27 years and 18 of those I have live in the Houston area. For the past 2 years I have been in Sweden so I wasn't personally affected by the storm, but I know so many people and have many close friends in the Houston area that have been affected by Harvey.

I have been watching and following Harvey closely online and also through daily conversations with my closest friends. I am so sadden by all the devastation and loss of lives. Both 2-legged and 4-legged.
I also know that it will take many..... many..... many years to rebuild people's lives, Houston and other areas of Texas.
But what I have learned from living so many years in Texas is that Texans are strong and they will come out of this storm even stronger.

Storms are part of life and living. Storms in life can be a hurricane like Harvey. It can be fire, earthquakes or tornados. Those are storms provided by nature.
But storms in our lives can also be a loss of a loved one, through death or divorce. A business not making it. A loss of a job, financial loss, having to flee a war in a country and move to a new country. So many different losses and storms.

Storms come and they go and we all have to go through them. Some will be more devastation than others. In some of them we will lose loved ones. In others we might lose all our money or belongings.
Life happens to all of us. We all must go through storms, setbacks and loss.

Even though it has been hard to watch all the devastation in Texas..... it has also been wonderful to see how people pulled together and helped each other out. It didn't matter what color, religion or political views people had....they helped each other.
My question is....why does it have to be a storm that will bring people together and help each other out. Why can't we do that during "normal" times?

I try to focus on what is positive and what is working and I have seen so much love, compassion, caring and people helping each other during this past week and it makes me proud to be a Texan. Even though I am not there physically..... I am there spiritually.... and soon I will be back physically too.

Stay Strong Texas!
Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
                                                         www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment