Monday, July 6, 2015

Develop a Thankful Attitude

                                                  Be thankful for what you have;
                    you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have,
                                             you will never ever have enough."

                                                            - Oprah Winfrey


A thankful spirit is a happy spirit. As the twists and turns of life lead to feelings of being out of control, sometimes our attitude is all that we have control over......
Here are a few ideas and some food for thought for you to develop a thankful attitude.




I am sure that most of you have heard about a gratitude journal!
At the end of the day you write down 5 things that happened during the day that you are grateful for.

And today we are going to reflect on gratitude in a similar way.

I am grateful for......

- My breath.....If I am still breathing, that means that I am alive.

- A huge AC bill...... because that means I will stay cool this summer.

- A house that needs cleaning......because that means I have a home.

- The alarm goes off early in the morning hours....because I have a job to go to.

- All the complaining about sitting in traffic....because that means I have a car.

- Aching muscles at the end of the day.....because it means I have been active and productive.

- The noisy kids next door......because that means I can hear.

- All the laundry....because it means my loved ones are nearby.

- The spot I find at the far end of the parking lot.....because it means I am capable of walking.

 
 
"It's not the happy people that are thankful
                                                   It is the thankful people that are happy."


                                                       "Develop an attitude of gratitude
                                         and give thanks for everything that happens to you."
                                                                      - Brian Tracy


 
Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment