Monday, June 1, 2020

Losing Motivation

                                         "People often say that motivation doesn't last.
                      Well, neither does bathing - that's why we recommend it daily."
                                                               - Zig Ziglar





I don't know about you, but I feel like I have lost some of my motivation during this past month.
I believe that a lot of people feel fatigued, a sense of burnout, overwhelm and stress right now due to the conditions around them. It feels like that we have lost motivation.

Or maybe we haven't lost motivation at all?
Maybe it's still there?
Maybe we just simply stopped doing the things that motivated us in the past?
Maybe we lost touch with our ideal future?
Maybe we put our dreams on hold?

Can we get our motivation back?
What can we do on a daily basis to get going, create momentum and feel motivated again?

Right now most of us are obsessed about the news, what is going on in the world, what is going to happen tomorrow, the inconveniences, the threats and social media. We are constantly paying attention and consuming what is in front of us instead of taking the time to shift our focus and visualize what could be instead. We have put our dreams on the backburner. In a way a lot of people have paused a lot of things to see how everything is going to turn out.

But instead we must get obsessed about our vison and our goals again. It's time to re-connect with our ideal future.
In other words, we need to activate our dreams again.

Motivation is actually triggered by ambition or having a burning desire and action.

If you want to have a better life, better and more fulfilling relationships, a better job, a healthy body, a balanced lifestyle, peace of mind, more happiness, more joy, more love and abundance in any area of your life...that is ambition or a burning desire.

Your minds need more that simply surviving the day. It needs to be engaged in something that will create your ideal future. Something that will make you grow, expand, thrive, or you will loose motivation.
You need to make positive progress every single day.


Here are a few tips to get your motivation going again!

Connect With Your Dream. 
It's really important that you don't loose your connection to your ideal future.
Write down your vision and your goals. Create ways to achieve your dream.
Do some brainstorming.
Visualize your ideal future.
Write down some action steps for you to take.
Take action on a few steps every single day.


Create A Morning Routine.
Take a least 30 minutes every morning to connect with your vision or dream.
Visualize your ideal future.
Look at your goals every single day. Write them down. Think about them.
Get obsessed with your dream instead of what is going on in the news and social media.


Listen To Motivational Voices
Listen to positive podcasts, online seminars, read books, listen to audio books.
Listen to messages of faith and hope by your favorite pastor.
Listening to positive messages will rewire your brain and it will silence the voices of anxiety, worry and fear.
It will make you more positive and it will create a more positive mindset.


Spend Time With Happy People
Spend time with people and friends that are positive. You might not be able to spend time with them in person but Zoom, Skype and FaceTime is always an option.
If you have someone close to you that is very negative you might want to make them aware of this.
You don't have to blame them you can simply make them aware of the fact.


Self Care.....Exercise, Diet & Sleep
The more that you consume of what makes you tired will also lower your motivation.
The wrong foods, too much alcohol, lack of exercise and not enough sleep, might leave you with an hangover the next day.
If you consume a lot of news and social media especially during the evening hours, the harder it will be for you to get a good nights sleep and you might wake up with a hang-over the next day and then you will experience a loss of motivation.
If you engage in unhealthy consumption of food, drugs, alcohol, news or social media, motivation will drop.
Overconsumption will slow you down.
Don't steal from your self care by overconsuming unhealthy things.



I don't consume a lot. I don't watch TV or spend time on social media, and I only check the news once a day for a few minutes. But during this past month I felt like my motivation was fading and I had to up my game when it came to listening to positive podcasts, audio-books, reading books and also listening to my favorite pastor. I increased my "POWER HOUR". It's longer than one hour right now.
I also had to re-connect with my ideal future. I had stopped visualizing and I had stopped looking at  my goals on a daily basis.
I had gotten consumed with what was in front of me instead of visualizing what could be.
I also have consumed too much sugar and gluten for a while and it has made me sluggish and unmotivated. So now I have decided to cut it out of my diet as much as possible.
I am also stepping up my exercise routine. I stopped doing yoga 2 months ago, but last week I started my yoga practice again.


Do something simple today that will have a positive impact on your future.
Action leads to momentum and that leads to increased motivation.



                                                          www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment