Wednesday, June 19, 2019

Only You Can Be You. Use Your Own Gifts & Talents

                                                    "Stop holding onto the things
                                                        that makes you feel bad 
                                            and make room for what is good for you."





I wrote a blog the other day about my belief that we are all created for a specific purpose here on earth, and that our purpose is closely connected to doing something that we enjoy doing, it's easy for us to do and we are good at doing it.
If you missed my BLOG - Be a light house for someone else.....here is the link
http://karinglannstam.blogspot.com/2019/06/be-lighthouse-for-someone-else.html

But often we doubt that if we are good at doing something and if it comes easy to us, than it isn't of any great value? Because if we can do it, anyone can do it.

Are you really good at something and you know it, but at the same time you discount yourself by saying things like.....

If it is that easy to do, anyone can do it
Since it's so easy to do, there is no way anyone will pay me for my work 
Anyone can do what I do. I am not unique in my skillset
What I do probably won't help anyone
Anyone can learn to do what I do
I am not going to use my skills, why bother, others are better than me at doing this


If this sounds like you.....STOP thinking this way.
Your purpose is unique to you, and you are better than anybody when it comes to this particular skill or gift.

When you are forced to do something that is out of alignment with who you are and your talents, it will most often create tension, low level of energy, discomfort and it will require extra effort on your part.

On the other hand when you are being the way you were created, when you are being YOU, it feels wonderful to do those things. You will have unlimited energy and you will feel huge satisfaction at the end of the day.

Right now you should seriously examine what you are good at doing and what you are not good at doing.
Figure out what you are good at doing. Write it down on a piece of paper. Now, start doing more of that.
At the same time do less of what you are not good at or enjoy doing. If it doesn't give you joy, it might not be you given purpose.

I know that we all need to pay our bills and sometimes pursuing our purpose might not pay a lot in the beginning. By maybe you can find some time in the evenings or on the weekends, to start doing it for a while until you build up momentum.

I know in my own life I was faced with this question back in 2012, when my whole life imploded. After doing some soul-searching I came up with a few answers. 
I love phycology. I love to find out about people from other countries. I am interested in people's stories and they way they live. I was born a very curious person and I love to ask questions. I was also good at listening and figure out people's problem's.

This is when the idea was born to become a life coach and start my own coaching business, which I did a year later in 2013. And in 2016 I published my first book to help people bounce back from a setback. I have now written 4 books and they are all about personal development and how to live a better life that is more in alignment with who you are.

I also struggle with the idea of why people would pay me for something that comes so natural to me, and that I love doing. But as we look at today's society, most people are not 100% present in the moment. They don't listen to their children, their spouse, family, boss, co-workers or friends. Instead a lot of people are spending more time staring at a screens, than face to face conversations. People are feeling very isolated, lonely, lost and they feel stuck. And when those feeling come up, a screen won't help them solve the problem.

Do you think there is a need for what I do? 
Of course it is. People are starved for some genuine conversation and they want someone to listen to them and pay attention to them. They need help to resolve issues, create goals and they need help with how to better their lives. People used to help each other, but now a lot of people have become too busy with their "screen friends" and they don't have time for their "real" friends and family.


Question
What are you good at doing? 
What do you enjoy doing?
What is easy for you to do?

Now, go out there and do it!!!


                                                             www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment