Friday, May 8, 2015

Great Tips on How to Stay Motivated

Are you having a hard time staying motivated?



Most of us love to start something...whether it is a decision to live a healthier lifestyle, losing weight, learning a new skill or starting a new business. But how long will you go on until you start losing some of your motivation?

Sometimes you will see results quickly but after a while the weigh loss or the new project that you started has come to a standstill. Day after day, nothing changes, and sometimes we will find ourselves wondering, how long can I keep up this without giving up?

Self-doubt has started to show up. Walking away isn't the answer, but all the negative feelings are starting to eat away at our creativity.

Staying motivated is even harder when it comes to challenging projects that seem to drag on for a long time.



Here are a few tips and strategies to stay focused and get you back on track.


1. Don't lose sight of your vision. Don't forget your goal. Do whatever it takes to keep your goal in sight. Write it down on a piece of paper and read it out load at least twice a day. Find images that represents your goal and create a vision board, and keep that vision board in a place where you can look at it several times a day.
Thinking about why I am working so hard always inspires and energizes me.


2. Always feed your soul. A great way to feed your soul is to spend time around people who are positive and have your best interest at heart. You can also find great support groups on-line if you don't have any people that are positive around you. Join a brain-storming or master-mind group You can also listen to webinars on-line. It is very important that you spend time around positive and empowering people that can lift you up if your are feeling a lack of inspiration and motivation.


3. Ask for help. If something isn't working make sure that you ask for help. Ask a friend, co-worker, mentor or hire a coach to assist you. When I find myself feeling stuck I will talk to someone with more experience, that will be able to shed some light on my problem. Sometimes I just need to vent and share my problem with a friend/mentor. Don't worry alone, because worrying alone usually becomes toxic. Share your worry or problem with a trusted friend and together you will most likely always come up with a solution.


4. Get inspired. When I need a little pick-me-up, I usually listen to a CD or YouTube with Tony Robbins. Or I read a empowering book. There is also a lot of great articles and blogs on-line. Sometimes I need a reminder of what is possible for me and also what I am capable of and how to achieve it.


5. If you don't have a hobby...start one. What bring you joy and what makes you laugh outside of work? My 2 dogs is one of my hobbies. I enjoy walking and hiking with them. A great plus with dogs is...they are always happy to see me and they love to spend time with me......no matter what is going on in my life. Gardening is another very relaxing hobby. Music is great for raising your vibration and feeling inspired again.


6. Donate some of your time. Take the focus of you and your business and help someone else. It will make you feel great. There is always someone out there that needs the information and knowledge that you have. Share your journey with other people.




Some days staying motivated isn't easy. Try not to get too down on yourself when things are not going well. Success takes time. There will be obstacles in the way. The obstacles are never there to stop you. Just to show you how badly you want to be able to accomplish something and become successful.


                     "Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going."
                                                               - Jim Rohn


 
Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach

No comments:

Post a Comment