Monday, July 13, 2015

Why Reading Books is so Important

                                        The more you read, the more things you know.
                                     The more that you learn the more places you'll go."
                                                                -Dr. Seuss

I am sure that you have heard the saying "Who we are is the result of the books that we read and the people we hang out with."

So I want you to think about the books you have read lately?

Or maybe you haven't read any books in the last couple of years?



MY CHALLENGE TO YOU TODAY IS TO CUT OUT ONE HOUR OF TELEVISION AND START READING BOOKS.

                                      "Reading is to the mind what exercise is to the body."
                                                               - Josef Addison


We are not talking about any books here....we are talking about professional books - books on self-help, finances, psychology, parenting and so forth.

I very seldom watch any TV and I try to read one book per week. Sometimes I will fall short of that goal but I do believe it is very important to read instead of watching mindless TV.

If you read one book per week...that will amount to 52 books per year or you would have spent 365 hours of reading. Divide that by forty-hour week and that's nine and a half weeks of education every year.
Just imagine all the important information that you will have in one year if you just read one hour instead of watching TV.



You will become more effective as you gain more skills, more insight, and more knowledge.

If you don't like reading you can listen to audio books.

I always have a Tony Robbins cd ready in my car when I have to drive somewhere. He always inspires me and motivates me to continue working on my goals.

So I want to know..... what books are you going to start reading........ since you are going to watching one hour less TV, every night?

Leave me a comment and let me know.......... or if you need some information and suggestions about great books to read I will be glad to suggest a few.


 

                                               Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
                                                             www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment