Monday, February 15, 2021

Time To Clean Out The Toxic Influences

                                           "Sometimes ... cleaning house...  

                                means removing what is toxic in your life.

                                           People, places, and things."

                                                          - Linda 




Last week I wrote a BLOG talking about how our body is our temple and that we must keep it clean from toxins crossing our path every day. It's our own responsibility to keep our body and our mind clean and healthy.

Here is the link to the BLOG if you missed it: 

http://karinglannstam.blogspot.com/2021/02/the-body-is-your-temple-keep-it-clean.html


In this BLOG I was mainly talking about how to cleanse our body in 3 simple steps. 

Here they are:

  1. Stop the poisoning
  2. Cleanse the body
  3. Add the good stuff

Today I want to focus on the mind and how to keep it clean from toxins. I felt like I didn't have enough time to cover it it last week so I figure that today will be the perfect day to dig in a little deeper on how to cleanse our mind.

Some people and situations can be very negative and even toxic and it's important that we become aware of this as soon as possible.
I am sure you have had and experience with a negative or even toxic person in your own life. Maybe at work, in your family, in a romantic relationship or friendship. 
It's easy to ignore the early warning sign because they are often very slow to appear. Unfortunately we often allow the people closest to us to continue with their negativity far longer than it's healthy for us.
And we often allow it to continue because in some way we feel we must tolerate it. Or we are afraid to speak up because we don't want to rock the boat at home or at work. Or we might even fear abandonment if we start setting boundaries.

I speak from experience, and I will use myself as an example.
Exactly 11 years ago I left a very narcissistic abusive partner. The relationship was wonderful for many years but slowly it became negative and eventually very toxic. It was time for me to exit before it got worse. And I did.

I am not writing this BLOG to talk about negative and toxic people, but instead how to cleanse ourselves from the very negative poison that we have been exposed to for a short period of time and sometimes we have been exposed for years, maybe even decades.

Here is the process to cleanse the mind:

  1. Stop the poisoning
  2. Cleanse the body
  3. Add the good stuff

Yes, it's the same process as cleansing the body.


First we have to stop the poisoning. 
In 2012 I left the abusive relationship. I was no longer going to allow this person to poison my body, mind, spirit and also the environment where I was living. I would not have been able to cleanse my body and mind if I was still exposed to the poison. 
Maybe it's time to spend less time with certain people and sometimes we might even have to cut them out of our life completely. It doesn't matter who they are, if they are negative or toxic and they are not willing to change, we must  protect ourselves, our health, and our own peace of mind. 
Another great way to stop poison in our environment is to be very selective when we watch TV. Especially the news. Stop reading the newspaper. 
Start paying attention to what we read, watch and listen to online and on social media. 
If there is a lot of negativity at work, maybe it's time to brush up on our skills, create a new resume and start looking for a better job.


Time to do a complete cleanse.
Pay attention to what we think, talk about and write. Pay attention and stop ourselves from spreading poison to others.
In 2012 I had to start cleaning up my own thought patterns that I had developed for several years. I had to let go of talking about my ex and the life that I used to have and also my dreams for the future. It was all gone and I had to start all over again building  a new dream for my life. 
Grieving was past of the cleanse and so was therapy and also group therapy. Doing a huge research project about narcissism and after getting enough understanding of it, letting it go.


Time to add the good stuff. 
I have immersed myself in personal development for the last decade. I have created a new dream, new goals for my life and I also became a life coach and started my own coaching business in 2013. I continue to add the good stuff on a daily basis. I have taken some big steps out in the unknown, taken chances, had huge setbacks, got back up again, learned a lot and continuing to add more good stuff. 
Learning, growing and expanding on a daily basis.
Start reading some personal development books. Listen to inspiring podcasts. Read great articles. Attend seminars live and now you can find a lot of seminars via Zoom. 
Set new goals. Create a new dream for our life.
Hire a mentor or a coach to show us the way.



What types of mental poison do you need to eliminate in your life?
Are you ready to do a cleanse?
What healthier things are you going to add?



                                                            www.karinglannstam.com



No comments:

Post a Comment