Monday, September 10, 2018

What Is Success To You?

                                                 "The secret of success is this:
                                                  there is no secret to success."
                                                         - Elbert Hubbard



What does success look like to you?

What exactly is success?

Is there a model for success?

I believe that success is the progress of you and your own personal goals.
Goals that were designed by YOU.
Not goals that were imposed on you by society, your parents, your spouse, friends or anyone else.

Success is not an amount of money, living in a certain kind of house in a certain neighborhood, wearing the latest designer clothes, driving the latest model car, taking expensive vacations to foreign destinations around the world.
This doesn't have anything to do with success.




Success is the steady progress of you and toward your goals.

The person you want to be.

Your business goals, personal goals, family goals, health goals and spiritual goals.

The goal that gives you satisfaction.

The goal that gives you purpose, meaning and joy.

My definition of success can be very different from yours.

So there is no one definition of success.

No one size fits all.

Can't defines success by the latest #1 book on the best seller list.


"Success is not in what you have,
but who you are."
- Bo Bennet

"The path to success is to take massive, determined action."
- Anthony Robbins

"Success is finding meaning in what you do."
- Anonymous

"Success is liking yourself, liking what you do,
and liking how you do it."
- Maya Angelou


Success is not some kind of stereotype. 
There is no one model.
There is no one set way.
There is no one size fits all.
There is only YOUR way.


What is success to you?
Take some time to think about this question.

Leave me a comment in the box below and let me know what success is to you.


                                                            www.karinglannstam.com

1 comment:

  1. Karin, I find your blog so healing in its simplicity. I was directed to your blog while searching for a Maya Angelou quote. You´ve provided me with the insight I so sorely need and now I know what I have to do. You have given me hope as well as the tools to help myself. You´ve helped me greatly and I thank you for this. Liz

    ReplyDelete