Monday, January 5, 2015

How do I love Myself?

We all hear of the importance of loving ourselves but what does it really mean to love yourself?

Everything in your life start with loving yourself. Most of us don't think about self-love and don't know what it means to love ourselves.


1. Acceptance - Loving yourself for exactly who you are - right now. Don't compare yourself to other people. You love who you are.

2. Awareness - Get to know who you are and who you are not. Always be completely honest even if it's difficult.

3.Compassion - Be gentle and kind to yourself. Watch your self-talk! Be able to let go of self-criticism. Get enough sleep, exercise, stop overworking and get rid of toxic relationships.

4. Forgiveness - Forgive yourself for the things you did in the past. You didn't know back then what you know today.
"When you know better, you do better" - Maya Angelo

5. Self -Esteem - Believe that you can do anything. You believe in yourself even if nobody else does.

6. Self -Empowerment - Dream your dream and go for it!! Be the star in your own movie! Don't hold back. Even if it seems crazy and people in your life won't support you. You are not going to do less than your heart and soul desires.

7. Self -Respect - Only have respectful relationships and situations in your life. And things that don't align with that.....let them go!!!!

8. Trust your Intuition - Listen to your inner wisdom...no matter what!

9. Have more Fun -  Learn to laugh at yourself! Spend time with people that make you laugh. Spend time doing what you love, start a new hobby, create new friendships/relationships.

10. Be who you are - You are out there in the world, expressing who you are. Don't hold back.

11. Self - Worth - Value yourself based on who you are on the inside. Not what is going on on the outside. I am enough.


                                                      Today I promise Myself 

I will only have relationships that are supporting my vision and my dream. I won't allow anyone else to plan my life for me or to tell me how to live my dream.

I will create a Soul-Family. People that have earned my trust and the right to hear my story.

I will not settle for breadcrumbs. I will Say "No thank you" but I want the whole cake. I won't lower my standards.


If you choose to love yourself than you never have to look for it elsewhere. You don't have to stay in toxic relationships, bad jobs, sacrifice your dreams or living another person's dream or life.


                                      Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
                                                     www.karinglannstam.com


No comments:

Post a Comment