Monday, November 10, 2014

Disappointments and Missed Expectation

If you are a human you have probably experienced disappointment on some level.
- I don't have enough happiness in my life.
- I don't enjoy the work that I do.
- I don't have the relationships that I want.
- I don't have enough money
- I don't have the body that I want.
Does this sound familiar?

Disappointment = Expectations - Reality. Which means we are not happy because we expect things to be different than how they really are.
Does this make sense to you?

So why do we struggle so much with feeling disappointed? Why do we continue to bang our heads up against the wall?
It is because we got hidden expectations and they are wrecking havoc on our ability to enjoy the day.

TIP:
  • Take out a piece of paper and of top of it write "I should be ___________."
  • Now - fill in the blank.
  • Write down all of those "shoulds". Especially the ones that doesn't seem to make sense
  • What should you be doing with regards to your happiness, work, relationships, money, your body and level of fitness, where you live, your family and friends and even yourself.
  • Now - Which "shoulds" do you want to get rid of?
  • Which "shoulds" are really going to empower you to live a more happy and meaningful life filled with fun and purpose?
  • Discard any of the "shoulds or expectations that aren't truly serving you. They are creating expectations for a reality that doesn't exist.

Karin Glannstam - Personal Success Coach
www.karinglannstam.com

No comments:

Post a Comment